The town was established in a half of 16th century by the Jiří Šlejnic from Saxon. There was exploited the ore, silver tin and alder. The mining finished in the year 1888. In the town there is situated the women monastery of 1874. On the south-west edge of town there is the hill Křížová hora (Cross hill) - the pilgrimage place from 18th century. The stations of the cross starts on the uphill by the monumental staircase. On the top of hill there is the chapel of St. Cross. Other interesting building in the town is the Neogothic church of Holy Trinity of 1590-1611 with baroque interior.